lördag 9 juli 2011

There and back again, an archer's tale by Robin Eriksson.

This is some withdraws from my journal I wrote on my trip to China. It was written there and it contains my view of all the craziness. I apologize for all the spelling mistakes...

Day 1, Get there...

The time is 21.48 Swedish time (03.48 in China) and we are on the plane bound for Beijing from Helsinki. Outside the plane its -46 degrees Celsius and we are currently flying at a height of 11145 meters with a bearing of 146 degrees at a speed of 868km/h. Right now we are flying between Novosibirsk and Abakan, names barely heard of (think Abakan is the name of a weapon in Battlefield Bad Company 2...). Bengt sits next to me sleeping and I’ve tried making it comfortable for me too but it’s hard in these seats...
Bengt picked me up in Tibro between 5 and 6. He drove from Gothenburg to Stockholm sense they booked our tickets wrong... so we flew from Sweden 12.55
On our way through Sweden we talked about Bengt’s trip to Batsford, the future for Companie of Saint Sebastian, my trip to Ekolsund, our jobs and future events like Visby, Agincourt 2015 and about arranging a Roving Mark shoot in Sweden.
We also discussed this trip... Both of us did not believe this was true until we were on the plane, and here we sit...
A nice big red sun sets behind the Siberian tundra, our seats are in the middle row so we can’t see so much, pity...
When we landed in Helsinki we found our travelling companions Linda and Gert which had flown from Amsterdam. I met Linda at Great Scania 3d Shoot last summer but Bengt knows them both very well. We sat down and had a beer (or two)and had a lot of laughter while we waited for our flight to Beijing. Two really friendly Dutchmen. At the time we sat there Linda had sms contact with Glennan and Chrissie from England. They arrived in Beijing yesterday and have been waiting to fly to Ledu (where the archery contest is held) but after 4 hours of waiting they found out that they had tickets to the next day... The committee of the competition haven’t given us much information about anything for example our visas was ready just a few days before the trip because the invitation was so late.
Finaly on the plane we got airplane food in the form of ONE pannbiff in brunsås with some fried potatoes, one coleslaw(which was nice), some crackers, a piece of airplane bread(which I loved when I was a kid), one chocolate ball and a cheese(which I was able to trade for Beng’t chocolate ball, Score!). After the meal I watched an episode of Deadwood in my phone, I also turned on the little computer in the seat ahead of me (AHHH TURBULANCE!!!!) and watched an episode of Berar Grylls(he’s the best! )trying to learn two of his fans how to survive in Canada. The guy from New York had a really rough time. After that I watched Rango, which Gunnarsson back at work had recommended, it was good. Then I tried to take a nap but it was hard so I ended up writing this instead (damn, the whole plane shakes now!).
The time is now 22.18 and we are soon flying in above Inner Mongolia.
To be continued...

1 kommentar:

  1. I´m very impressed, looking forward to part 2.

    /Forkbeard

    SvaraRadera